Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy 14th Birthday, Canyon!

Our boy is continuing to grow up right before our very eyes...too quickly. This past year brought on a lot of change for Canyon. More responsibility and a more freedom. It is only a matter of weeks now before Canyon begins his first year at Edgewater High School. I remember all too clearly Canyon's 2nd birthday and thinking to myself, "I wonder what he will be like when he's a teenager?" I swear that was just yesterday.

Canyon opted for a quiet birthday celebration this year. He had two of his oldest friends over, Tyler & Ryan, and of course all of his grandparents. Chuck made his famous, and we had a delicious cake to top it all off. Can you believe I didn't even get a picture of the cake this year??

Lillian picked Canyon's card out - all by herself. Literally! We were walking down the card isle, and as I explained that we were picking out a birthday card for Bra-bra, she lets out with the loudest "Minnie!" she could possibly belt from her little lungs. Much to my surprise, there was in fact a birthday card with Minnie Mouse on the front of it. And wouldn't you know that as soon as you opened the darn thing up, it played the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song? Never heard it? Click here! I was pretty sure that Canyon would find this card completely appropriate coming from his little sister. I was also very much afraid that the card would not be working by the time he received it as she walked around for several days opening & closing it. Gotta love little sisters!

Canyon's most recent interest (besides girls) is John Lennon. He has found YouTube to be quite useful in researching and discovering great Beatles songs. I believe one of his favorites is I Am the Walrus, off of the Magical Mystery Tour album. I have to admit it, I am thrilled that he has taken to this generation of music. So much more pleasant to listen to than this "modern day rap"...haha. Am I sounding old yet??

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones