Tuesday, August 5, 2008

80 Years of Marriage!

Yes, this is the Shapiro family website, and typically I dish about our immediately family and the events that happen within. However, a momentous occasion has taken place that I feel compelled to share. My great grandparents, Anne and Dominick Cosentino, celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary this past weekend in Clearwater, FL. They were married on August 6, 1928!

One of the most fascinating things about my great grandparents is that between me and my brother, they have three great-great grandchildren! The celebration included a wedding cake, champaign toast, and even a kiss between the bride and groom!
Nani and Grandpa currently hold the record in the United States for the 2nd longest marriage! There is a couple who recently celebrated their 83rd. They will be recognized on the Today Show tomorrow morning between 8:30-9:00am.

WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones