ing of each new year comes yet another birthday. Last year, I spent my 29th in the hospital having my appendix (which apparently is a completely useless organ the size of your pinky) removed. In addition to that, we had a water pipe in our living room wall spring a leak which proceeded to fill our living room up with water. I never did get to have a party last year.THIS YEAR....however, my favorite husband made my birthday a night I will never forget. The "plans" were for my family to get together at Houston's (which is my favorite restaurant) and celebrate. In going with the theme of a surprise party, naturally the plans have to change so the target is unsuspecting. My dad "was very sick and couldn't leave the house". My mom "felt bad for excluding him" and wanted to know if we could celebrate the following weekend instead. The birthday girl was very disappointed, for this would be two birthdays in a row that nobody sang happy birthday.
Was it really possible that not even one of my friends had planned a get together in the courtyard??

Had I known this was going to be a surprise, I would not have told Scot that I hate tapas food and really didn't want to go to this restaurant, but since he wanted to take me there...well, what the heck.
SURPRISE!!!
Scot had managed to gather 23 people, friends and family, together for my birthday without any suspicions from me. Of course, now that I look back over the past several weeks, I can see where it was quite obvious.
First there was the recently added password on Scot's computer....he did not want me to accidentally see any of the emails or plans for the party. The password as since been removed. There was also the unusual plan to have dinner at a restaurant for my birthday (Houston's). Traditionally, my mom makes a birthday dinner, and grandmother bakes the cake. Why on earth were we going out to dinner this year???
All I kept saying while Scot and I were walking out the door to go to Taste was, "What about Canyon???" How could Scot really just pass him off to our neighbor's house for the evening? Kelli stayed home with all of the other children from the neighborhood. Because little did I know, their parents were all waiting for me at the restaurant! Scot insisted that Canyon would be fine...that little stinker. He sure did keep a good secret. I guess he got me back for his surprise party that we threw for him last year!
I was only missing a few family members that were out of town, and some friends that were at home sick. Other than that, this was one of the best nights of my life. I truly was surprised. What a great way to celebrate my 30th (am I really 30 already?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment